He notes however that ''with the unilateral declaration, which it unfortunately considered it should make, Turkey appears to insist on maintaining a political and legal bizarreness, it insists on not recognising an EU member state, at a time indeed when the opening of negotiations aiming at its accession to the Union is expected.''
Read the rest of the article on Cyprus News Agency
- Turkey finally signs Cyprus protocol (Turkish Daily News)
- Turkey declares protocol not recognition of Cyprus (Cyprus News Agency)
- Turkey agrees to EU customs union (The Indipendent)
- Prominent Euro MP says Turkey must recognize Cyprus (Hürriyetim)
- 1974: Peace deal for Cyprus (Bbc)