The conference of academics and intellectuals was to offer a critical look at the official approach to the events of 1915.
Armenians want the killings classified as genocide, but Turkey refuses, pointing to casualties on both sides.
It is the second time the conference has been called off.
The cancellation comes just 10 days before Turkey is due to begin accession talks for membership of the European Union.
Read the rest of the article on Bbc News
- Last minute shocker: Vote of 2 to 1 cancels Armenian conference again (Hürriyetim)
- PM Erdogan on Armenian conference cancellation: I do not approve (Hürriyetim)
- FM Gul: Hard to find a country that hurts itself as much as Turkey (Hürriyetim)
- Deans to challenge court ruling on conference (Ntv)
- 16 Armenian Schools in Turkey Opens First Semester (Turkish Weekly)