The Kurdish Workers' Party (PKK), a banned organisation which is on US and EU blacklists of terrorist groups, said on Thursday (6 October) that it was calling off a temporary ceasefire and resuming its armed campaign. "With the start of [EU accession] negotiations the Kurdish problem is no longer just Turkey's problem, it is now a basic problem of the EU," the PKK said in a communique.
Read the rest of the article on Souteast European Times
- Terrorists Abduct A Policeman In Cizre (The Anatolian Times)
- Police seize explosives in Istanbul (Turkish Daily News)
- Suspected PKK terrorists and explosives seized in Istanbul (Hürriyet)
- '1 of Every 2 Terrorists Joining PKK Dies' (Zaman)
- Erdogan visits Siirt (Dünya Online)