Van's Public Prosecutor Director's Office decided it had "no jurisdiction" in case of recently arrested Van Yuzuncu Yil University rector Yucel Askin and yesterday sent the file to the Board of Higher Education (YOK).
The Van High Criminal Court sent the file regarding "obtaining unlawful personal data" to Van's Public Prosecutors' Office before. The files regarding the allegations of "professional misconduct, historical artifact smuggling and a failure to declare possessions" against Askin were also sent back to the Public Prosecutors' Office by the same court due to a decision of no jurisdiction.
Read the rest of the article on The New Anatolian
- Rector’s trial enters new phase (Turkish Daily News)
- Police intervene in students' YOK protest (The New Anatolian)
- Eğitim-Sen saved from closure (Turkish Daily News)
- Court refuses to close Turkish education workers union (NTV)
- Dicle Rector to Stand Trial (Zaman)