The court had ruled on December 2 that since the alleged offence was committed before Turkey amended its penal code earlier this year, Pamuk should be judged under the old law, which requires a direct order from the justice ministry for the trial to proceed.
Read the whole story in Hürriyet
- Pamuk Case Adjourned Until 7 Feb. (Zaman)
- Fanatical nationalist attack to Orhan Pamuk’s vehicle (KurdishInfo)
- Novelist goes on trial for insulting Turkey (TimesOnLine)
- Pamuk goes on trial, Turkey under international spotlight (Turkish Daily News)
- Turkey: Trial Of Novelist Orhan Pamuk Puts Focus On Freedom Of Speech (RadioFreeEuropeRadioLiberty)