Tests were being carried out to see if she was the latest victim of the deadly H5N1 strain of avian influenza, doctors said.
Fatma Ozcan died Sunday afternoon of bird flu-like symptoms, said Dr. Huseyin Avni Sahin, chief physician at the Van University Hospital.
Her brother, 5-year-old Muhammad Ozcan, is seriously ill, he said.
Read the whole story on Cnn.com
- Turkish child dies of suspected bird flu (Cihan)
- Boy becomes 19th Turk confirmed with bird flu (TurkishPress.com)
- Turkey reports possible bird flu case near Istanbul (TurkishPress.com)
- Turkish doctor says late admission responsible for bird flu fatalities (Cihan)
- Man in Belgium tests negative for bird flu (Reuters)
- No ban on sale of poultry products (Hürriyet)
- Government sets up committee to save troubled poultry industry (Turkish Daily News)
- Turkey moves to urgently save the poultry industry (saukvalley.com)
- Villagers hand over fowl as Turkey steps up slaughter to contain bird flu (The New Anatolian)
- Official bird flu numbers mask the truth as another child dies in Turkey (iFlu.org)
- Turkey Copes With Bird Flu (Time Europe)
- New hope for bird flu (Hürriyet)
- Russians Invent Avian Flu Vaccine (Sofia News Agency)
- Response to bird flu criticized (statesman.com)
- Bird flu and travel: the facts (Guardian)
- Bird Flu Permanently Alters Turkey (Herald News Daily)
- Blog: Destruction Teams Tackling Bird Flu (washingtonpost.com)