"There is no need to worry about consuming poultry and eggs that have been produced in industrial conditions," Erdogan told a gathering of his ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP).
"There is no advantage in harming our poultry sector which employs thousands of people. It is very important for Turkey to remain calm," he said.
Read the whole story on Reuters
- International donors' meet in Beijing (Hürriyet)
- World Bank ready to assist Turkey against bird flu (Hürriyet)
- Another child infected with bird flu virus in Turkey (Mediafax)
- 19th victim battling in hospital (Hürriyet)
- Turkey Bans Transportation of Fowls (Zaman)
- 931,000 Fowls Destroyed in 14 Cities due to Bird Flu (Zaman)
- Children Seen at Risk for Turkey Bird Flu (abc News)
- TURKEY: WHO says bird flu fatality rate low (Reuters)
- WHO says human bird flu risk diminishing in Turkey (newKerala.com)
- Turkey travel warning (Kathimerini)
- Bird Flu also Affects Tourism Sector in Turkey (Zaman)