Turkey is the sixth country in GDP growth speed following China, India, Russia, Thailand, and Iran.
At the end of the five-year period (2002-2006), Turkey's annual production will be increased 36.2 percent. That means, Turkey leaves behind many developed countries such as US, Japan, Germany, Britain, France, Italy.
Read the whole story on Zaman
More economy news:
- Turkey: Stock Exchange Hits All-time Peak at 43,629 pps, Up 4,1% (Reporter.gr)
- 2006 budget determines Turkey's economic route in 2007 and 2008 (Turkish Daily News)
- Turkey launches $400 million competition to buy jet trainers (Turkish Daily News)
- Turkey: Turkey Threatens w/Suspension of Fuel Export to Iraq if Debts Not Paid (Reporter.gr)
- First flight to Ljubljana (Hürriyet)