The incident came after Federation of Inmates and Inmates Families' Associations (TUHAD-FED) Chairman Nursel Aydoğan made a press statement at Dağkapı Square in Diyarbakır.
She said the United States wanted to create an unstable country and then force Turkey to do its bidding, calling on Turkey not to be deceived by the games.
Aydoğan and the group supporting her dispersed after the reading of the statement.
Read the whole story on Turkish Daily News
- Intervention to the demonstration in Diyarbakir: 28 persons has been arrested (KurdishInfo)
- Military operations in Dersim and Silvan (KurdishInfo)
- Lost diaries shed light on Semdinli scandal (The New Anatolian)
- High interest in the referendum work in Van (KurdishInfo)
- "Norway says it doesn't recognize 'terrorist organizations list' of EU" (KurdishInfo)