A Turkish official had said earlier that the 57-year-old Öcalan experienced a mild heart problem related to his being overweight but that he was in a stable condition. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media.
But the prosecutor's office that oversees the prison island of İmrali, where Öcalan is the sole inmate, denied that the PKK leader had a heart problem.
Read the whole story on Turkish Daily News
- Kurdish rebel chief suffers heart spasm in prison, 'in stable condition' (KurdishInfo)
- Demonstration to mark the 7th anniversary of the kidnap of Kurdish leader OCALAN (KurdishInfo)
- The teachers who say Kurdistan leave Turkey (KurdishInfo)
- Intelligence report of the newspaper Zaman came out as false (KurdishInfo)
- The lands will be expropriated in Tunceli for reason of ' Security' (KurdishInfo)