Spidla with Turkish officials will discuss strengthening unions and social inclusion of disadvantaged groups to enhance the European social model Equal opportunities for men and women are a basic right in the European Union, said the European Commission's point man on gender equality in employment Friday, adding that he will stress this during his visit to Turkey.
Vladimir Spidla, the EU commissioner for employment, social affairs and equal opportunities, will begin his three-day visit to Ankara on Saturday to discuss ways to enhance "the European social model" in Turkey.
Commissioner Spidla stressed on Friday that equal opportunities for women will be one of the key topics on his visit to Turkey in the runup to International Women's Day on Tuesday, March 8.
Read the whole story on The New Anatolian
- 'AK Party women accept male-dominated sytem' (The New Anatolian)
- Educating mothers to save street children (Turkish Daily News)
- Modern birth control methods are known but not preferred (Turkish Daily News)
- 1,190 murdered by family for 'honor,' blood feuds (Turkish Daily News)
- International Women’s day Festival (Hürriyet)