In a draft of the report published in the Greek Cypriot press, there is strong emphasis on Turkey’s recognizing the Greek Cypriot administration.
The Greek Cypriot Philelefteros newspaper published Turkey EU Progress Report, claiming it had obtained the draft from Markos Kyprianou, Greek Cypriot member of the EC.
Though the document has some “disturbing” points, it is “considerably pleasing” for Greek Cypriots, the newspaper said.
The draft report is said to “have mentioned Ankara’s Emergency Plan on Cyprus, referred to the issues on direct trade and removing of isolations and praised Turkey’s constructive attitude on Cyprus.”
Full article (Zaman)
- EU finally delivers 38.1 million euros in aid to TRNC (The New Anatolian)
- Poll: Turks' trust in EU waning (Abhaber.com)
- Turkey EU Progress Report Open to Future Revisions (Zaman)
- Turkish Foreign Ministry Reacts to Barroso (Zaman)
- Turkey running short of time on Cyprus (The New Anatolian)